This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission with no extra cost to you. Learn More
We all know the anticipation and the rush of holiday sales.
Some people enjoy the competitive aspect of them, others dread the long lines and overly excited shoppers.
Yes, sometimes it can get a little crazy, but it’s worth it. You can get a top-notch bed thanks to Black Friday mattress sales. Plus, a little adrenaline rush won’t hurt, right? And if you prefer shopping in your pajamas with a cup of tea in one hand, you will certainly benefit from Cyber Monday mattress sales.
Whatever your preference is, it’s always better to prepare beforehand. As you probably know, an informed shopper is more likely to get the best products for the best price.
So, check out this guide to Black Friday and Cyber Monday mattress shopping and find the perfect bed for yourself without hurting your budget.
4 Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Mattress Deals: a 30-Second Summary
Winkbed ($300 OFF)
If you appreciate reliability and want a mattress that would definitely work for your body type, consider the Winkbed. Offering 4 different firmness variations, the Winkbed hybrid was designed to cater to any user’s needs and preferences. Featuring a well-thought-out construction, this model delivers both resilient support for your spine and gentle tension relief for your pressure points. Get the best deal with the $300 off sale on this quality mattress.
Puffy ($300 OFF + Pillow)
If you are looking for instant relaxation and good pressure relief, the Puffy is your guy. Featuring a smart 3-layer construction, this mattress effectively adapts to the sleeper’s body, fills in the curves, and aids proper weight distribution. Enjoy an awesome value for money with a $300 discount and a complimentary pillow.
Nolah ($300 OFF + 2 free pillows $198 value)
Ideal for side sleepers, the Nolah delivers excellent pressure relief and sturdy support. Using proprietary AirFoam, the mattress mimics the deep hug of memory foam without sacrificing cool sleep. Get the best deal with Nolah and the $300 off, plus 2 free pillows ($198 value) for the most comfortable sleep.
Saatva ($200 OFF)
Offering an ideal combination of cradling and support, the Saatva comes in 3 firmness variations and would work for a wide range of sleepers. Upgrade your mattress and enjoy affordable luxury with a 200$ discount for every $1,000 at Saatva.com. End date – November 23.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Mattress Deals
|Looking for the most advanced mattress? The Eight Sleep combines quality materials for your luxurious comfort and offers smart sleep tracking to help you improve the quality of your life.|
Want to get the best deal for this hi-tech mattress and $200 off your purchase? Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.
|Check Current Price|
Up to $200 off mattresses + $300 in free accessories
|This cooling mattress uses premium foams and combines dual firmness in one model. Simply flip it over and enjoy a different comfort level. Want to get up to $200 off this two-in-one mattress and $300-worth free accessories? Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.||Check Current Price|
$300 off any mattress + 25% off all accessories (+ 300 trees planted)
|Using a system of individually wrapped coils and cooling gel foam, the Awara Sleep is a great find for your back health and overall comfort during the night. Get a new hybrid mattress with $300 off, indulge in shopping for bedroom accessories with a 25% discount, and contribute to the company’s tree-planting campaign. Don’t hesitate and click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.||Check Current Price|
20% off sitewide + 2 free Cloud Pillows and a Sheet Set ($250 worth) with any mattress or for every bundle purchase
|Copper foam, hybrid, or memory foam - whichever model you choose, you will enjoy proper support, even weight distribution, and restful sleep. Each Bear mattress is meant to aid fast relaxation and muscle recovery, to make you wake up refreshed every morning. Enjoy a 20% off sale and 2 free pillows (plus bedsheets) with every mattress or bundle purchase. Can’t resist? Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.||Check Current Price|
50% off any foam mattress + 2 free pillows
25% off any hybrid mattress + 2 free pillows
|This is not your typical bed in a box. Idle Sleep mattresses use smart design to deliver cooler sleep, gentle pressure relief, and durability in use. There are multiple comfort variations for any user out there. Don’t lose an opportunity to get a new Idle Sleep mattress with up to 25% off and 2 complimentary pillows. Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column if you are ready to order.||Check Current Price|
30% off mattresses + 2 free pillows
|Quality foam, zoned pressure relief, reliable support, and cooler sleep are only a few of Amerisleep’s advantages. Want to get 2 pillows and 30% off each mattress? Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column. End date: November 29.||Check Current Price|
$150 Off any mattress
|The Zoma offers proper contouring without making you feel stuck and targeted pressure relief thanks to the special zoned support system.|
Get yourself a new mattress with $150 off by clicking the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column. End date: November 29.
|Check Current Price|
Up to $500 off mattresses + 2 free pillows
|Using premium materials, Leesa mattresses are designed to last and to deliver the highest comfort levels to the sleepers.|
Want the best value with up to $500 off mattresses and 2 free memory foam pillows? Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.
End date: December 03.
|Check Current Price|
30% off storewide + 2 free pillows ($170 value)
|The GhostBed mattresses have a lot to offer, including durability, unbeatable comfort, and long-term support. |
Get your new premium mattress with a 30% discount and 2 complimentary pillows. Click the link “Get Deal Now” in the right column.
End date: November 28.
|Check Current Price|
How to Shop for a Mattress on Black Friday and Cyber Monday Like a Pro
We all know that Black Friday mattress sales and Cyber Mondays can be overwhelming. Countless discounts and loud marketing slogans can confuse some shoppers, detract them, or even trick them into buying something they don’t need (or won’t enjoy using).
To avoid all that, it’s better to prepare beforehand. Here are the most important factors you should consider when shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday to find the best mattress and end up feeling happy about your purchase:
- Don’t forget about the company’s reputation. The best way to check that factor (if you haven’t heard of the company before) is to read the reviews online. Thankfully, modern-day technologies (the Internet, to be exact) allow us to learn about how reputable a company is based on other users’ experiences with it. If you plan to buy a mattress from a retailer that has lots of negative reviews (or a very limited online presence), perhaps it’s better to give your preferences to someone more trustworthy.
- Check the return policies and the warranty. The rush of Black Friday and Cyber Monday mattress sales can often distract shoppers. In case you end up with a mattress that isn’t meant for you, it’s better to check the return policies before finalizing your purchase. Luckily, most mattress companies offer in-home sleep trials, but some of them may charge you for the return shipping.
- Be attentive to details. Cyber Monday and Black Friday mattress deals can look very appealing and promising, but you need to be careful. When shopping, make sure that the sales conditions are clear and specific. It’s better to clarify vague details, extremely attractive promises, or “shady” specifics. Always read the fine print before making a purchase, that’s the main rule here. Also, keep in mind that some retailers create an illusion of a great deal by inflating the original price prior to Black Friday or Cyber Monday events. This is done to make the value appeal more to the customers. So, when you see impressive discounts, try to check the original price of the mattress that dates a few months back (luckily and thanks to the Internet, it’s not that difficult to do).
- Research in advance and know what you are looking for. This isn’t a necessity, as many mattress companies (their representatives) can provide you with enough information to pick a mattress that would work for you. However, the process becomes much easier when you come prepared. You can research the mattress types and learn which one would work for you (for instance, some people choose memory foam for its deep hug, others prefer bouncy latex or sturdy innerspring mattresses). Also, consider your preferred sleeping position and the mattress firmness you require in order to avoid buying an overly firm (or soft) bed. Generally, side sleepers are recommended to choose soft or medium-soft models. Back sleepers are advised to pick medium or medium-firm mattresses. And stomach sleepers typically feel the most comfortable lying on firm or even extra-firm mattresses.
- Set your budget. If you are waiting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales to save a buck or two, you probably want to avoid unnecessary, impromptu purchases. That’s why it might be useful to set a specific budget for your new mattress. This way, sales representatives (or your own brain, as this often happens) won’t trick you into overspending, caught up in the excitement of sales.
- Don’t forget about the bedding and the accessories. Black Friday and Cyber Monday offer a great chance to buy bed frames, sheets, pillows, and other sleep-related accessories all at once and with an attractive discount. Think about the extras you may need to go with your new mattress and buy them while they are still on sale.
Should You Shop Online or In Stores on Black Friday?
You probably know that Black Friday mattress deals apply to both online and in-store purchases. Therefore, some people start wondering:
Is it better to shop in stores or online?
The thing is, it’s just a matter of preference. Typically, the discount percentages for online and brick-and-mortar stores aren’t that different. So it all comes down to what you personally prefer.
Let me give you an example. Penny needs a new mattress and she doesn’t want to risk it. She wants to go to the store, sit on each model, lay down, and touch the cover fabrics. She isn’t quite sure what she needs exactly, so Penny would also prefer to talk to the in-store professional to get some expert recommendations.
Now, Deja loves shopping wearing her pajamas, at home, with a laptop or a phone, and her favorite TV show running in the background. She compares multiple models simultaneously to find the final contestant and the mattress that packs the most benefits. Deja also likes to read the reviews right away, as this helps her understand how a mattress works for different types of users and may perform in the long run.
As you have probably guessed, if you are more like Penny, then brick-and-mortar shopping would suit you more. And if you find yourself agreeing with Deja, online shopping is your go-to strategy.
Will mattresses be on sale for Black Friday?
Yes, most mattress retailers (both online and brick-and-mortar) offer discounts during the Black Friday period.
Does Cyber Monday have better sales than Black Friday?
Generally, on Cyber Friday, you can find slightly better discounts online. However, the difference isn’t that critical. In fact, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals usually depend on each specific seller. While some prefer to offer larger discounts on Black Friday, others give the best deals on Cyber Monday.
Is Black Friday the best time to buy a mattress?
Not necessarily. While Black Friday is a great time to get the best deals and save a buck or two, you don’t necessarily have to wait for it. Many mattress stores (both online and brick-and-mortar) have regular seasonal sales, holiday discounts, and end-of-the-season sales. So, there are many other times when you can buy a mattress with a good price.
Do brick-and-mortar mattress stores have Black Friday sales?
Yes, most of them do. They often offer good discounts on bedding and accessories as well.
What is the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
The main difference is that Black Friday discounts typically apply to both in-store and online purchases, while Cyber Monday is dedicated to online shopping only.
Is it possible to negotiate the mattress price?
Yes, but this typically applies to brick-and-mortar stores. Negotiating with online mattress companies isn’t likely to work, as those retailers already offer the lowest prices compared to regular brick-and-mortar retailers. However, when you shop in-person, you have a chance to negotiate the price down. Many brick-and-mortar mattress companies are ready to slightly lower their prices to obtain new, loyal, satisfied customers.
What is a good price for a mattress?
Generally, a good-quality mattress would cost around $1,000-1,500 on average. During the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, you can get a top-notch mattress for around $700-900. However, you should be careful with offers that seem too good to be true. If a mattress price is way too low, there’s a chance the product has some quality-related issues.
How long does Black Friday last for?
Traditionally, Black Friday lasts for one day, but many companies extend the sales period over the weekend (and sometimes even into the following week). However, the discount percentage may change after the actual Black Friday.
As exciting as it is, shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday isn’t always breezy.
However, now you know how to deal with it and get exactly what you need.
Just make sure that you prepare beforehand, check the warranties, read the fine print, and stick to your budget. Consider a few mattress models and see which company offers the best deal. And, of course, don’t forget to take your sleeping position and personal preferences into consideration.